Monday, March 15, 2010

Really, 2010?

So, it's no secret this year has sucked. It is only March and already we have dealt with more than our fair share of suckage. So, last week when I fell down some stairs while taking my kids for a walk by the ocean, it was no surprise that I sprained my ankle. So now I can't walk. Or work. Or really do much of anything at all. Eh. Fun times. I know it will all get better. This too shall pass, and all that. But in the meantime, I'm losing it a little. I feel like I'm sitting on the edge of a cliff and the ground is starting to crumble beneath me. The question is whether to scramble away from the edge or let it take me over the edge? I know I am dealing with some depression. I am not trying to say that I'm fine, I'm fine, don't worry about me over here. Depression is new to me though. I have never felt the weight of it before. It's heavy. It's dark. It's strong. I feel ashamed. Ashamed that I am not stronger. I always thought I was strong enough. Turns out I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment